Monday 28 April 2014

Pledging for Me Made May



I've been thinking a lot about my pledge for me Made May this year and how I can up my game from last year.  I didn't find it too hard, but I was actually on holiday for part of May, which of course makes photo taking a bit easier (and also the option is there for 2 outfits per day)!

Last year I went for 7 days a week, but a maximum of 2 days a week could be my Anise jacket.

I am giving myself a wildcard each week just in case I need it, but will try not to use them.  If I do I will try to wear thrifted or vintage items.

I am also planning to get through my mending pile - I have a few things which are perfectly wearable apart from a hole in the pocket, broken zip or torn lining, so I am going to mend those, and a thrifted skirt to shorten.

In terms of sewing plans, I am going to carry on with my existing plans, but I am going to try and make some me made knickers.  I have the free So Zo pattern printed and ready to go (to use up knit scraps) and I recently bought the gorgeous Measure Twice Cut Once Jane knickers to use up my leftover wovens!

So this year:

 'I, Joanne of Sew Little Time, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear at least one handmade item each day for the duration of May 2014. I have 4 wildcards which I can use if I have to, but ideally will be vintage or thrifted items. I will also get through my mending/ alterations pile and make some knickers'

8 comments:

  1. I have signed up, because recently I've upped my number of me-made dresses and it's a chance to wear them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently made the sozo Knicks and find them very comfortable. Am in process of making more. I've made gerties that come with the slip pattern and they are good too. I was surprised how well my handmade underwear fits. Just need to work on tidying up my finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looking forward to trying them out. it gives you something to do with the knit scraps too (unlike the woven ones which clearly i will make into a quilt one day *cough*)

      Delete
  3. Sounds good! I'm sure you will manage it no problem and look forward to seeing your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm undecided what to pledge for Me Made May this year. I was originally going to go for a handmade item every day, but I'm not sure I'm going to manage it. I'm going on holiday during May, and conversely think it might be harder to wear Me Made items every day I'm away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can do it sam! i found it much easier to take photos since you tend to be out and about with a camera anyway (with better weather if abroad!) and having a daytime outfit and an evening one get me double the chance to fit in a me made.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!