Monday 9 June 2014

Me Made Everyday!



After a conversation on Twitter (isn't that always how these things start?), a few of us were missing the community aspect of Me Made May and decided to start Me Made Everyday!

I always find that having a record of what you wore most and what looked good together really helps spot wardrobe gaps, see what you actually wear most and plan future sewing, and from reading other blogs lots of others do too.

There's no pledging, no pressure and no need for fancy pics - a cameraphone and mirror will do! No need to wear something everyday or photograph everything (unless you want to of course!).  Just show off your lovely handmade garments how you actually wore them. You decide whether to include bags, jewellery and accessories.

Opinions were divided on the best way to do this so I have set up a group on Flickr that you can find here or you can use the hashtag #memadeeveryday on Twitter or Instagram (oh, and I have finally started using my Instagram account - follow me - I'm JoLittleTime, or let me have your name below and I'll find you!).  You'll need to request to join the Flickr group as with Me Made May (to keep the worst of the Flickr pervs out!) but I'll approve people as soon as possible.

What do you think?  Are you in?  The lovely Katie from What Katie Sews is going to make a much prettier logo that the one above which you can grab for your blog if you so desire!

Spread the word about it as it would be great to have a regular me made community going!




14 comments:

  1. I'm in in spirit! Just no time to do anything extra right now. Having said this, I wear stuff I've made almost every day, so I'm definitely down with the concept :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you are with us in spirit kristin! share pics if you ever do get time!

      Delete
  2. Great idea, one if the main things I got from me made May was that the camera never lies! It was easy to see in pictures what works and what doesn't. I will be nice to see what everyone else is wearing, I've missed looking at all the posts since the end of mmm. Probably not be able to keep up with it every day but will try for a few pics each week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks helen. look forward to seeing your makes! i find it so useful to see what you actually wear. no stress about doing it (or wearing me mades) everyday. just whenever you feel the urge!

      Delete
  3. I'm in but I have to figure out the whole photo thing, I cheated for the entire of MMMay14 by only including the bottom half of me and my shoes! I have no full length mirror and am too short to use the mirrors in the lift (though if you are only interested in the top 5cm of my head that would work?).
    I'll work out a solution and will be sharing it on Instagram as Flickr and the whole login thing bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaay! glad to have you susan! you could always do what some bloggers do and take a pic of your outfit lying on the floor (the outfit, not you!). i hear you on the flickr thing!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Jo - I'll dabble as I've missed seeing everyone's MMMay14's as well!! I really appreciated seeing my 'uniform' form and got so many styling ideas from the sewing community ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaay! dive in (and of course dashie pics encouraged!)

      Delete
  5. I think this sounds like a great idea. I loved following along this year and seeing how people styled their makes. I won't be joining in right now as I literally have about 3 things that fit, and no time to sew, but I'll hopefully join later, once things are a bit more "back to normal" (whatever that is, these days).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would be great to have you helen! hope all is going well with you and all your boys!

      Delete
  6. Yay! I'm in too, I loved all the inspiration from MMM and getting lots of outfit ideas. Thanks for setting this up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a great idea. Despite disliking taking self portraits, I would very much like to join in too. Thanks for setting it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all! Look forward to seeing your outfits!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!